I got challenged by the very creative and wonderful ‘SourGirlOhio‘ to come up with an incredibly constricted poem on love. I haven’t decided whether love is a topic I try to avoid, or one I wax lyrical on pretty much all the time. Perhaps it depends on your perspective.
Anyway, I needed something to undo the log-jam which has been blocking my poetic mind, and this was just the thing. It’s not a traditional poem by any stretch, yet somewhere in the formatting, something counts as poetry. So there.
THE RULES (because this is a TAGGING game, yo!)
1. Write about love using only 10 lines.
2. Use “love” in every line.
3. Each line can only be 4 words long.
4. Nominate 10 Or So others who are up for the challenge.
5. Let them know about the challenge.
6. Title the post, Love in Ten Lines
7. Include a quote about love
SOOOOooooooo I’m tagging
And anyone else who wants to try this intensely tricky format.
Here’s my effort:
Was this destined, Love?
I love your soul
You love mine, still
Love’s insufficient – the toll:
Is love lacking friendship
Turning love to resentment?
Making love feel unpleasant –
Rendering love a defendant;
We’re listless, wasted, Love…
We don’t love this.
“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ―Friedrich Nietzsche